Problems and Prospects of Social Media:
Social media itself is not a bad thing itself: all we need is to train our people so that they can use the social media platforms in a constructive manner and derive maximum benefit from it. Also the government needs to frame rules and regulations and PEMRA must play proactive role in stopping online cheatings and frauds.
Introduction: what is social media?
Role of social media in our everyday life:
Prospects of Social Media:
Role of social media in our personal and family life:
- More connected
- Personal development
- Any type of tip, trick usage related to everyday life is available online
- Ready and quick information
2. The role of social media on social life:
- Well informed society
- More knowledge of the rights of people.
- Global connections are coexisting now
3. The role of social media on religious life:
- Online lectures of renowned scholars are available
- Online tuitions have made approach to better teachers easier.
- Recorded lectures are available.
- Online books, notes, and researches are more and more helpful
- Information and comparison of educational institutions have made students more informed and efficient.
- Distant learning or online courses of different institutes have provided easy access to studies for all
4. The role of social media on political life.
- People are well informed of their rights and duties.
- It’s easier to streamline the party workers
- Public check on performance of government is easy now
5. The role of social media economic life:
- It has made business more easy for small entrepreneurs
- Online shopping
- Online meetings and dealings
- Global access
- Information of global trends and international news
Problems of social media:
Problems in family life:
- Social media engulfs family time
- Health issues
- Stress on eyesight
- Constant exposure to dangerous rays of gadgets
- Less physical work brings lethargy in daily routine.
- Moral degradation because of easy access to any type of vulgar or obscene material which is easily available on internet.
- Deception by making fake Ids
- Wastage of time
- People get easily trapped in any type of propaganda
- Mixing of global cultures are raising the weak local cultures.
- Baseless issues are discussed online that have two effects
- Arousal of sectarian sentiments
- Persons with little or no knowledge portraying themselves as experts or muftis.
- Time waste on surfing keeps us away from religious ritual performance.
- Political wings of political parties are busy in mudslinging on their opposition parties and common people are unaware of such phenomenon.
- Misrepresentation or false representation
- No rules and regulations for cheaters in online business because most of the time the parties especially sellers are having fake Ids.
- No returning oblique changing or claiming policy yet.
- Housewives are easily trapped.