- Quality education; back-bone of development process.
- Education; a political issue
- Literacy is important but the content of that literacy is even more important.
- Importance of Education.
- Pakistan’s position in the field of education.
- Thesis statement leading to conclusion.
History of Educational Policies in Pakistan:
- Education conference of 1947 and 1951.
- Establishment of education commission in 1951.
- Education policy of 1970.
- National education policy of Zia-ul-Haq.
- Declaration of university education 1990.
- Establishment of Higher Education commission 2002.
Reason for Low literacy ratio:
- Lack of Resources / funds.
- Lack of political will and absence of consistency in policies.
- Absence of strong coordination and organizational structure.
- Lack of training of instructors, no formalized curriculum, and non-existence of effective research.
- Poor monitoring and calculation mechanism.
- Lack of awareness about significance of education.
- Lack of educational facilities.
- Geo graphical factors of some place.
- Separate education system.
- Low status of teachers and their salaries.
- Lack of stress on Primary education.
Benefits of Quality Education:
- Enhancing research and assessment work.
- Development of Physical and technological infrastructure.
- Increases skilled manpower.
- Economics gains.
- Social development.
Past and on-going literacy projects and programmes:
- Eradication of illiteracy from selected areas of Pakistan.
- Quranic Literary Project 1992-94.
- Establishment of 10,000 Non formed basic education schools.
- Crash Literacy programme.
- Parha Likha Punjab.
Role of Higher Education Commission:
- Aim of establishing H.E.C.
- Goal set by H.E.C.
- Support and funding of Government to H.E.C.
- Introduction of Reforms under H.E.C.
- Excellence in learning and research.
- Encouraging Ph.D programmes.
- Establishment of sound and result oriented educational system.
- Establishment of digital libraries at district levels
- Adopting balance approach between primary educations on and Higher education.
- Seniority and performance based carrier path for teachers.
- Combine teachers’ forum to support education reforms.
- Introduction of reforms to change country’s image.
- Uniform medium of instructions.
- More funds for education development.
- To make education ministry a paperless ministry.
- Field mobilization community participation alteration of NGOs and effective use of government officiate.
- Prevalence of one syllabus.